I’ve been craving for this one since last week and that is why I’m very happy that I was able to make this today. Since I am starting to eat clean now, I look for recipe online to make this GUILT-FREE BAKED PENNE although I make some adjustments and create it as my own.
- Olive oil
- 1 white onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 250 grams ground chicken or beef
- 500 grams mushroom (chopped)
- 8-10 pcs medium size ripe tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup of non-fat milk
- 250 grams penne pasta
- Small amount of cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Bring pasta to boil in water with small amount of salt and oil. See the package for its suggested cooking time. While your pasta is boiling, make the sauce.
- 2. In your hot pan, put your ground chicken or beef then let its natural fat come out then put the white onions and bell pepper. Sauté until tender. Then put the tomatoes then let the simmer till it is tender.
- 3. Put the mushrooms. Then put the tomato paste and your non-fat milk. Mixed it well. Salt & pepper to taste.
- 4. By this time you pasta is cooked well. Drain the pasta then put it in a oven-safe pan (just like in the photo).
- 5. Mixed the sauce and pasta then put it in your oven-safe pan.
- 6. Grate cheese on top (you do not want too many cheese if you are in a diet but it’s up to you).
- 7. Put it in your oven for 2-4 mins until the cheese melted.
- 8. Enjoy!
For this recipe I use ground beef so that it will taste more savory but it is always up to you what ingredients you will use that will suit your liking. This is a guilt-free meal because I did not use anything processed and all ingredients are fresh. Except for tomato paste and cheese. But of course, if you can find an alternative with cheese or milk, you are very welcome to do so.
I hope it all turned out well. And you can put any kind of pasta you want and put as many onions and bell pepper as you like! Hehe. Eat clean!